Weightlifting, Weightdropping

Random fitness thoughts from the unfit.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Losing Weight The Brain Way

I wrote in a previous blog the many “secrets” to my almost too successful weight loss. Everything that I am doing is not only common sense, but in one way or other, things I have done in the past. I have eating better, I have drunk less, and I have exercised more. What I hadn’t done was do all of them together. While thinking about my other entries about weight dropping, I realized that diet is not something you do for a few weeks or a couple of months just to drop some pounds. What I was doing was a permanent way for me, and that put on weight. What I needed to do was find a new and permanent way to live that would take the pounds off.

In a way, I mentioned that before, but I felt that this was a more specific explanation. I said that Bill’s e mail got into my head, but this is more specifically how.

Last week, I did not lose any weight, but I maintained my low, despite three days of some beer. In weight loss, alcohol, even in small quantities, has the same affect it does when you are taking antibiotics. It interrupts the process, and while the weight does not all return, your weight jumps up, and the momentum of loss needs time to gain steam.

So, if alcohol does that, why do I drink it? The reason I gave above. The changes that I am making are permanent, including bad days. I am not giving up anything forever. I am not killing myself with exercise. I am not resolving myself to only bird food. I am just going to do well, and be consistent forever.

After all, the deal still is 16 pounds in 16 weeks. Sixteen pounds in four months? That is something that I have never been able to do in my life, and now, I don’t know why. Sixteen pounds is time for a new set of clothes. Sixteen pounds is one pound away from the next wall I want to break. One pound a week. That’s all. In one year, that is 52 pounds. That is me walking right past you, and you would miss me. That is me becoming a totally different me.

They say after the age of 25 your metabolism begins to slow down. I do not think that applies to me as much as I thought it did. They say that after being on a diet for two weeks that your body tells you that it is hungry, even when it is not, to protect its food stores. I was eating so much, but healthy food, that I did not even notice. Mind you, the first few days, I would have a binge meal every four days or so. Sometimes, it took some chocolate milk to stop the low-sugar shakes. Then again, Randy (you see his website to the right of this page) told me that once a week, it is good to eat a lot. Revs up your metabolism, he says.

Mission Accomplished. (Cod piece provided by Tyson Chicken.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home