Weightlifting, Weightdropping

Random fitness thoughts from the unfit.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

'09 Recap

It's been almost a year since I last wrote in this blog. The reason? As
far as weightlifting or weightdropping, nothing noteworthy has happened
in 2009. I've kept my dietary habits (mostly). I've maintained my lower
weight (mostly). What I have lost is my great exercise routine. I was
doing so great. In the past couple of weeks, I got back to doing
something several times a week. Before that, maybe once or twice every
two weeks. Part of that is not my fault. Announcing went through the
roof with my working for five leagues, plus tournaments. I should have
been able to work out more, but the work involved became overwhelming.
Even if I had time, all I wanted to do was sit, and diffuse, letting the
blah run out my ears while I did something on the level of watching
cartoons.

I can do it. I just have to adjust to the new routine. Like juggling
four balls instead of two. Gotta see things needing to be done farther
in advance, and moving to do them sooner. Some days, even though I had
time, I was so tired, that while I was awake, I wasn't really there.
Now, I'm adding to that schedule. On the other hand, fewer road trips
should help even things out. It doesn't help that all the motivation has
to come from me. Sometimes, you just don't have anything left.

So, I want to get back into it. I want to continue losing weight. At
least commit to some kind of cardio everyday. Haven't even touched my
scale. It's disguised as a pile of clothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home