Weightlifting, Weightdropping

Random fitness thoughts from the unfit.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tune Up

At the beginning of last week, I called my friend and said, "I don't know why I haven't lost any weight in three weeks. I'm still eating healthy."
"Tell me what you are eating and how much," she said.

So I did, and when I got to my granola/chocolate whey protein combo, she said, "How much granola are you eating? There's a lot of fat in granola. Are you eating one half cup"?
"Yes," I said, so obviously lying that I meant to get caught.

She asked me about wheat wraps, and I told her that the wheat bread has the exact same amount of fat as the wraps do, but then she says, "Yea, but what about the carbs?" Crap! I forgot about those.

So, after that phone call ended, I got a one-half measuring cup, scooped out some granola, and starred at it. I was picturing how much I actually have, and whispered "Oh... shit..."

It's not like I have an enormous bowl of the stuff, but do you have any idea how little 1/2 cup is? So, I stop eating that, I put the cheese back into the freezer, as well as the wheat bread.

Last week, I lost about six pounds. It seems that while you can eat some stuff to maintain your weight, you cannot eat that food to lose weight. I owe a big thanks to my friend, Anitra for opening my eyes to a needed tune-up to my diet. What worked in January now needed to be updated for my new weight.

I do not know what weight would be good to go clothes shopping, but I promised that I would take Anitra with me. That's fine. Whenever I get compliments on my clothing, it's something that a woman picked out.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff* I feel so flattered...MY name in PRINT! And not on a pink slip or a bill!
It's always easier to "preach" than it is to "practice".
I'm looking forward to clothes shopping with you....mesh boxers and silk shirts.
Grr baby grr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home