Weightlifting, Weightdropping

Random fitness thoughts from the unfit.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Trust Me On This Sherbert Thing, Just This One Time

Normally, my opinion on desserts is the more chocolate the better. Chocolate body, chocolate chunks, chocolate swirl, chocolate fudge tunnel with chocolate sauce added to taste. (Those of you more familiar with me, add inside joke(s) here.)

So, when I tell you about this relatively healthy dessert AND tell you that it is one of the best desserts that I have ever had, you just gotta trust me on this.

Orange sherbert with dark chocolate chips.

I know, sherbert is gyp-food, like a plain donut. If it's the last donut in the box, you'll eat it, but only because it is donut-like enough to remind you of an actual donut. The only reason I tried it is because of a recent wave of 50/50 bar concoctions on the market. (Slurpees, ice cream, shakes, etc.) I thought if orange and vanilla would work, orange and chocolate would as well. I thought it would be similar to that ball of chocolate shaped like an orange that you get to use to bash in your kitchen counter, or your video game when the computer obviously cheats. I have to tell you, it is even better than that ball of chocolate. The best part is that not only is it three grams of fat per serving, it is naturally low in fat. That means, they did not have to take a great food, and make it suck to be healthy. They, in fact, took a suck food, and made it great and kept it healthy.

I would tell you which major ice cream company makes it, but not until I get my check.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Maybe you should try mixing in chocolate chips into lowfat Orange & Cream (50-50 bar) yogurt. Just raining on your parade.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but does it come in 8 pound tubs?

I thought not.

LCF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home