Weightlifting, Weightdropping

Random fitness thoughts from the unfit.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Honorable Dining Mentions

Brian's American Eatery -- open 24 hours on weekends, and are damn generous with cheese.

The Hash House A Go-Go -- My friend says that this place is just okay, but between their interesting combinations, the live stick of rosemary they include in every meal, the plates that need a person on each side to carry, and the bar two doors down with Bloody Mary specials, it is an ideal weekend place. A little pricey, but great atmosphere.

The Mission -- Normally, I do not discuss healthy food here, but when someone does it right, I think it deserves mentioning. I discovered this place after my first FitCamp. Despite their claim to be a more healthy option with presentation at an affordable price, I found a standard, heavy breakfast... and I was sorry that I did. When I saw some kind of egg whites whatever, I imagined the usual "healthy" breakfast that could fit on a coffee saucer. It was just as large as anybody elses. The tofu also scared me away, but they grill it in rosemary, and when I tried it, I wanted to trade my breakfast in. The one I went to is located in North Park, but they have two others... somewhere. (What? I linked it for you! Go click!)

Reason 1,720,906 why I love the internet. I think with all of these places, not only can you read their menu online, but they have pictures of their food. (Hash House had to use a wide-angle lens.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home