Weightlifting, Weightdropping

Random fitness thoughts from the unfit.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

More Food

First, let me mention Da Kine's. It is a fantastic Hawaiian restaurant located on Mission Blvd. in Pacific Beach. Their portions are enormous, and I will only order the large plate if I have skipped breakfast. They have daily specials, and the only way that you can get their Chicken Adobo on Tuesdays is to call in and pre-order it. I know this is going to be a tough sale, but I love their Spam musubi. This is a slice of spam on a bed of rice, wrapped in seaweed. Make sure you get some soy sauce with it.

While I'm on spam, one day I was at a street fair when someone handed me a miniature sandwich. It tasted really good. Come to find out that it was turkey Spam in a Hawaiian sweet egg bread roll. Nothing on it. Just the meat and the bread. Also, turkey Spam is only 4g of fat per serving.

Finally, 7/11's donuts. Not all of their donuts. For the most part, a donut is a donut is a donut. Good, but nevertheless... Every once in a while, they come up with some fantastic concoction, and have it for a limited time. A few years ago, it was an old fashioned donut with blueberries. (Moment of silence) Now, they have a chocolate donut with a vanilla frosting and rasberry filling. It's so good. They're like Pop-Tarts For The Rich And Famous (tm).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home